Oh the Monday morning blues. I sat in front of my computer pretty much all weekend long, besides a Saturday morning run and yoga and church (well online church, so I guess that’s still me sitting in front of my computer!) yesterday, so I feel like the weekend came and went. You probably do too, even if you had a fun filled weekend behind you. I seriously need to consider investing in a standing desk like this one from The Lean Green Bean with all of this computer sitting! Dustin would love if I tried to pack that in the car too!
Anyway, today I want to share a recipe with you that will make your Monday a little bit “easier.” It’s a makeover of an old favorite, that is both nutritious and delicious too!
This peach crumble recipe takes me back to my childhood summer days when my mom would serve up a similar yet slightly less healthy treat! Now she’s cleaned it up even more with this tasty recipe and has shared it with me! It is gluten-free and vegan but you would never know by taste test alone!
Fit and Delicious Peach Crumble
- 1 tbsp Earth Balance (preferably the red, soy-free container)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 peaches (preferably organic, peaches are one of top highest sprayed fruits in pesticides)
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place Earth Balance and coconut oil in a medium casserole dish (~8×11). Melt in the microwave for ~30 seconds. Swirl to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Cut up the peaches (leaving the skin on if using organic peaches) and place on top of Earth Balance/coconut oil to cover the bottom of the dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, oats, flax meal, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add in almond milk and pure maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Pour flour mixture evenly over the peaches.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Brown the top on low broil for 1-2 minutes or until perfectly browned!
I hope you enjoy this treat as much as we did! Tonight or any night! Eating healthy is all about moderation and using good ingredients when your going to splurge a little!
If you didn’t see yesterday, the third set of my “Six Night General Healthy Dinner Menu” with the recipes and a grocery list was posted yesterday. Check it out in yesterdays post or over in my $5 Meal Plans Tab!
I’m off to take a mid-day gym break! I hope you have a wonderful Monday!