Time to cook with PuMpKiN! The other day I found a super easy, super delicious Flax Pumpkin Muffin recipe, so I decided to try it out! My baking, for the first time, was a success! Maybe because I followed the recipe?? Except, I did change one thing up… of course. Instead of using pure white sugar, I used Sun Crystals. This is an all natural sweetener made up of pure cane sugar and stevia; you can use less so it is less caloric. Still tasted great to me!
Here is the recipe, seriously so easy!
Pumpkin Flax Muffins
- 3/4 c Sun Crystals (or 1 c sugar)
- 1 c pumpkin puree (I pureed my own; chop up a small pumpkin, throw it in the microwave for 5 minutes, mush it up, viola!)
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1 organic egg
- 1/4 c canola or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c wheat bran
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Mix sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, egg and oil.
- Mix dry ingredients together and stir into pumpkin mixture just until combined.
- Pour into 12 large muffin cups, or I used 24 mini muffin cups, and bake for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
Recipe from SparkPeople.
It’s almost the weekend!!