Dustin and I can kill some hummus – it is our go to snack! But at $5 a tub, and by tub I mean 2 ounces, it can be quite an expensive snack. Because of that, lately I have been making my own.
There are so many things you can do with hummus. A few weeks ago my mom fire roasted a red pepper to throw in, Dustin likes plain ol’ garlic hummus, there’s eggplant hummus, sun dried tomato hummus, and the list goes on (I’m starting to feel like Forrest Gump).
Last night I made a HUGE amount to snack on for the week, all for around $2-3 bucks.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup organic garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp. EVOO
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Throw your garlic in the food processor or blender, blend it.
- Add your garbanzo beans and water, pulse that.
- Add in your EVOO, vinegar, cumin, and paprika, blend to desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with a little paprika to finish it off, and BAM! your protein / carb dip is ready.
- Serve with organic baby carrots, organic celery, pita chips or whatever else is in your pantry.