Hi friends! Happy Friday! I didn’t get in bed until late again last night, so I am even more excited than usual that it is Friday! I have plans to have a holiday weekend – decorating gingerbread houses tonight and a fun Christmas party tomorrow night! I love this time of year!
In honor of not only the weekend, but the holidays too, today I want to share a delicious drink recipe that I have been making for the past three Christmas seasons with two thumbs up from everyone: Holiday Veggnog.
Now, really I am doing this drink an injustice by titling it “Veggnog” because I know that many of you will automatically judge the drink by the name and the fact that it’s vegan eggnog. I know what many of you are thinking, get out of here with your “Veggnog,” Ashley and bring me the real eggnog! I know you too well! Trust me on this one my friends my friends, this “Veggnog” is the real deal.
This recipe doesn’t even give traditional eggnog a run for it’s money; it surpasses it on the first lap! No dairy, raw eggs or white sugar involved!
Not only delicious but high in vitamins and minerals; what’s not to love about this yummy festive drink?! Give it a try, it won’t disappoint!
Holiday Veggnog (Vegan Eggnog)
- 2 cups Silk or SoDelicious (or any brand) Unsweetened Pure Coconut Original (in the carton, near the almond milk in the grocery store)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 large avocado, peeled and frozen
- 1 large banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (preferably soaked for a few hours before making the recipe, but will be fine if not if using a high speed blender)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Bourbon or Rum (optional), or to taste
- pumpkin pie spice for garnishing (cinnamon or nutmeg will work here too)
- Peel and freeze your avocado and banana in advance.
- Place the coconut milk, almond milk, lemon juice, pure maple syrup and Bourbon in a high speed blender and blend to evenly combine, about 15 seconds.
- Add the avocado, banana, dates and spices to the liquid mixture and blend until smooth.
- Pour the veggnog over ice and sprinkle with pumpkin spice. Serve and enjoy!
Yum! Yay for vegan Eggnog! I have all the ingredients too! I love the candles in the background 🙂
Tina Muir recently posted…Chai Latte Oatmeal
Yay! Let me know how it turns out!
This sounds so good! I need to bookmark this to make it some day! Also I love your world map glasses!
Bree recently posted…Holiday Humor
It is so good Bree! Definitely do! And thank you!
When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox
and now each time a comment is added I get three emails with the same comment.
Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Cheers!
Ada recently posted…Ada
Comments on this entry are closed.