Hello Tuesday. Another lovely day!
Today’s post is short and sweet. I’ve told my mom before that sometimes I feel like this blog should be called, “Mom Does. Daughter Writes.” So much of what I share, I learn from her. She assures me that’s how everyone learns, so today I am going to share (with her permission) a tip/trick straight from her hat. I’m not sure where she learned this trick (I forgot to ask), but today’s Tip of the Week is one you will be sharing with your daughters one day too. So easy and so cool.
I used to not buy/cook corn because I was too lazy to stand there and make sure every single long slimy string was off of it. Until I learned of this trick and will never shuck corn again!
- Tonight for dinner, or next time you are craving a delicious ear of corn, take two ears still in the shuck and place them in the microwave (literally straight from the grocery store bag to the microwave).
- Microwave them for six minutes and remove. (Four minutes for one cob, six minutes for two… repeat two at a time if you need to make more.)
- Place them on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut the knob/stem end completely off like so…
I spy a little Jack Russell
- While the corn is still hot (you might need a paper towel/hand towel to protect your hand from the heat), from the opposite/stringy end, firmly grab all of the shuck and pull away from/push the corn cob out.
- Place the corn on a serving dish, add a little olive oil or Earth Balance, a dash of salt, pepper, garlic powder and maybe some cilantro and there you have it. Six minute corn for two!
Have a great day!