Happy JULY! July?? Wow! Already half way through the year! It feels like it was just our quietest New Years Eve ever.
Anyways, thank you all so much for the awesome feedback and kind words I received on Friday’s “What Is Beauty? And Who Defined It For You?” post. It seems as though that is a topic so many of us can relate to. You guys are so awesome. It’s days like those that inspire me to keep doin’ what I’m doin’. I cannot thank you enough.
So, how was your last weekend of June? Ours was pretty good! Although were a few states away from home right now and many states away from Chicago, we sent happy birthday wishes to two very special girls in my life.
My now 15 year-old baby sister? What?
And a dear friend, who may be far away distance wise but still very close to my heart.
Also, a special friend came HOME from Afghanistan. Thank you, L.T. Bell for your bravery, service and selflessness. All smiles from his family early Saturday morning!
So that was the weekend states away from us, but here, things were pretty low key. Baseball, pool and a pretty delicious dinner find last night.
From the website, Table 100 is “turn-of-the-century New Orleans, featuring a piano bar with craft cocktails, euro-american bistro fare and hospitality second to none.” The menu was very vegetarian/vegan friendly featuring local, gluten-free and healthy options.
We tried the Local Farmers Hummus to start.
And I had the Seasonal Vegetable Plate with Wilted Kale, Herb Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans and a Salad. I had originally ordered the Zipper Peas but our server came back and informed me that they were cooked with bacon so I changed my order. I was very happy that he took the time to let me know this – most places don’t and then I end up with one less side to enjoy.
So anyways, enough about the weekend and on to today’s business!
My sis-in-law and I are starting a July Yoga Challenge for the next four weeks (the month of July) and we want you to join in! We’re inviting any and all yogis to participate since each pose can be modified to your skill level. The thing I love most about yoga is that if you work on a pose even for just a week you will see instant improvements and progress. I remember when I first started yoga thinking there would be no way my body could ever do certain poses and now they seem easy to me. If you never try, you will never know!
So how does it work?
July Yoga Challenge
- For the next four Mondays (starting today) I will be giving you a new pose (and modifications) to work on for one week straight.
- Work on the pose everyday for seven days, spending however much time you want – five minutes or 30 minutes it doesn’t matter, just as long as your working on it.
- Have someone take a picture of you on Monday attempting the pose.
- Have someone take a picture of you at the end of the week on Sunday showing your progress.
- Do a side-by-side comparison picture and upload it to the Guard Your Heart Facebook Page or tag me (AHARPE) on Instagram or tweet it (@aharpe) if you want to share your progress(oh and if you will hashtag all your photos to #julyyogachallenge)! Or simply let us know in the comments section below that you are participating and working on it!
Read this tweet and you will know why inversions like headstands are so awesome. Coming from a friend/former coworker/yogi and former boss when I taught yoga…
Give it a try will ya!? And check back next Monday for Week 2s Pose! Keep me posted on your progress, on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter!
Have a great Monday! Let’s make July great!