Gluten Free Girls
My 13-year-old sister stands alone as the only gluten-eating girl in the family. Little does she know, the majority of her diet (since my mom cooks her meals) is gluten-free too, at home at least.
As you could imagine, we are always on the hunt for tasty, yet gluten-free recipes. Throw a vegan and a simi-vegan in the mix and I’ll show you how things get complicated, realllll quick. We make it work though. We’re a family of foodies, that’s for sure.
The older of my two younger sisters (which is gluten sensitive) sent me this picture last week…
That meant one thing. I had to recreate. Cheese-less, however.
And it was done. Thanks to this guy…
These little bites are a perfect appetizer, side, or even meal. And they’re super easy too.
I think this was a Pinterest inspired idea for my sister, but for me, it was a sister-inspired idea. Thanks sis!
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Vegan or non-vegan…the choice is yours. But gluten-free always.
- 2 (as large and round as you can find) zucchini… mine were a little on the small size
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (I like the ingredients in Classico’s Traditional Pizza Sauce)… You could obvi make your own here using tomato sauce, herbs, garlic and onion.
- Cheese (any kind…I used Daiya to make the bites vegan)
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Cut zucchini into about 1/4 inch rounds.
- Place rounds on well sprayed baking sheet.
- Top with sauce and as much cheese as you desire.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Easy enough, right!?
Make these tasty treats tonight! You won’t be sad you did. Have a great day!
Sounds yummy and easy–a win win! I may even try them tonight!
Do it! Miss ya, Rach! Hope your new role as wifey is treating you well
Yum! Trying this soon! miss y’all I need to send you some of the new dinners I’ve been trying you might need to make them completely vegan but I’m on the right track! It’s SO much easier to eat and cool healthy with good stores to shop and a great farmers market now that we are in Bluffton and no longer in Statesboro with extremely limited options
Happy to hear that, Mel! I bet it is so much easier The ‘Boro needs to pick it up!