My 13-year-old sister stands alone as the only gluten-eating girl in the family. Little does she know, the majority of her diet (since my mom cooks her meals) is gluten-free too, at home at least.
As you could imagine, we are always on the hunt for tasty, yet gluten-free recipes. Throw a vegan and a simi-vegan in the mix and I’ll show you how things get complicated, realllll quick. We make it work though. We’re a family of foodies, that’s for sure.
The older of my two younger sisters (which is gluten sensitive) sent me this picture last week…
That meant one thing. I had to recreate. Cheese-less, however.
And it was done. Thanks to this guy…
These little bites are a perfect appetizer, side, or even meal. And they’re super easy too.
I think this was a Pinterest inspired idea for my sister, but for me, it was a sister-inspired idea. Thanks sis!
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Vegan or non-vegan…the choice is yours. But gluten-free always.
- 2 (as large and round as you can find) zucchini… mine were a little on the small size
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (I like the ingredients in Classico’s Traditional Pizza Sauce)… You could obvi make your own here using tomato sauce, herbs, garlic and onion.
- Cheese (any kind…I used Daiya to make the bites vegan)
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Cut zucchini into about 1/4 inch rounds.
- Place rounds on well sprayed baking sheet.
- Top with sauce and as much cheese as you desire.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Easy enough, right!?
Make these tasty treats tonight! You won’t be sad you did. Have a great day!