Hi friends! Thursday already!
Today I am so excited to be giving a corporate wellness presentation for a company right in Atlanta. I am going to be covering two topics, healthy eating on a budget, as well as healthy eating on the go. As The Gypsy Dietitian you know these are two of my favorite topics! I thought it would be fun to share a few of the tips that I will be sharing with them with you all! I shared a few tips regarding my stance and tips on healthy eating on a budget a few years ago, so today I’ll share just a few tips that I plan on including today regarding healthy eating on the go!
TIP # ONE: A little preparation goes a LONG way. Take one day a week to plan and prep meals for the week.
- Things like overnight oats, veggie lasagnas, soups, healthy casseroles make fore quick meals on a hectic evening
- Pre-chop fruits to take as a snack or to throw in smoothies, cereals, yogurts or oats
- Prep a smoothie the night before by placing all ingredients into your blender (minus the ice) the night before, stick it in your fridge, pull in out in the morning, blend until smooth and breakfast is done
- Pre-chop veggies for lunch sides, a quick stir-fry, or a quick and easy veggie pizza
- Make a large batch of whole-grain pasta salad to eat on all week long
- Try some of these lunch ideas that I shared a few weeks ago
- Also, here is a weekly meal planning template that I like to use to help me organize my meals and recipe sources, hopefully it will help you too!
TIP # 2: Keep healthy snacks on you at all times!
- Prep a batch of protein bars for a quick afternoon or pre/post-workout snack
- Throw together a DIY trail mix out of unsalted nuts, dark chocolate chips and raisins
- Keep your worksite fridge stocked with string cheese and yogurt to enjoy with whole-grain crackers or fresh fruit
And it doesn’t have to be only raw fruits and veggies 😉
TIP # 3: Keep a list of healthy restaurant options in your desk, purse, or wallet by looking up a few menus before hand. That way, the next time a coworker asks you if you want to grab lunch, you have a plan, a healthy plan!
Seriously, if you take just a few hours on the weekend to plan out your week (healthy eating and exercise), prep a few meals, your healthy week will flow so much smoother. You will have more time to focus on the things you love, you will feel better about the healthy decisions that you made and you will feel less stress in trying to get everything done.
I hope you have a wonderful day!